Passenger Rights / Conduct Codes
PASSENGER RIGHTS AND CONDUCT CODES FOR DRIVERS, TICKET INSPECTORS AND PASSENGERS
FOR ANY COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS YOU CAN CONTACT OSEA BY TELEPHONE, OR USING THE "CONTACT FORM" IN THE SECTION "CONTACT US" IN THE WEBSITE OF OSEA. YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT THE CONTRACTING AUTHORITY, WHICH IS THE DEPARTMENT OF ROAD TRANSPORT:
ROAD TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT
Vasileos Pavlou 27, 2412 Egkomi
tel.: +35722807000, fax.: +35722354030
CONDUCT CODES FOR DRIVERS, TICKET INSPECTORS AND PASSENGERS
- Must follow the regulations / instructions of the Management and their Supervisors and their work program.
- Must comply with the Cypriot Legislation and to apply the traffic regulations.
- Must stop the bus for disembarkation and boarding of passengers at the designated stops.
- Must wear their official uniform.
- Must be polite and perform their duties properly.
- Must drive without dangerous maneuvers, not develop high speeds, and not start or stop abruptly.
- Must arrive to work rested and must execute their work schedule without being under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or other psychotropic drugs.
- Must not open the bus doors before the bus stops at the designated bus stops, or start the bus before all passengers board / disembark, or before all bus doors are closed.
- Must not smoke inside the bus.
- Must not use a mobile phone while driving the bus.
- Must provide the existing facilities on the bus and their assistance in the boarding and disembarking of passengers with special needs and people with disabilities or other mobility problems.
- Must be willing to provide information to the public and help passengers in the best possible way.
- Must perform any task assigned to them by the organization and which is related to the work of the organization and their capacity as drivers.
- Must carry out ticket inspections with courtesy and consideration.
- Must inform passengers of their obligation to have a valid ticket with them.
- Must display on a prominent position their badge during the inspection.
- Must inform the passengers about the exact reason for the imposition of the fine, in case of non-payment of the fare by the passenger.
- Must inform the violators about the value of the provided fine, collect the fine immediately and to issue a relevant receipt.
- Must obtain their tickets from the bus driver or other designated areas.
- Must keep their ticket at all times throughout their journey and be ready to demonstrate it during an inspection performed by Inspectors
- Those who are entitled to a reduced price ticket must demonstrate to the Inspector a press proof of right for a reduced bus fare.
- Seven day, monthly and yearly ticket holders, or free pass holders must have their tickets with them and must demonstrate them during an inspection.
- Must behave politely towards the official bodies of the Organization and / or the Contracting Authority (Department of Road Transport).
- Must indicate in time their intention to board or disembark from the bus and must take care of their personal safety when boarding, during their journey and when disembarking from the bus.
- Must concede to people with disabilities, pregnant women, parents with young children, and the elderly the seats which are pre-defined for these categories of passengers.
- Must not carry animals or birds, drugs, weapons, explosives or anything else that is illegal or dangerous to other passengers on the bus.
- Must enter the bus in decent clothing.
- Must not smoke, not make noise, not talk on a mobile phone with open listening, not use open listening radio and generally not disturb the other passengers of the bus in any way.
- Must not pollute, get dirty or cause damage or material damage to any part of the bus or other facility owned by OSEA.
- Must not cause tensions or conflicts with the staff of OSEA and comply with all instructions of the staff of OSEA.
OSEA will not be held liable for violations in the regulations / directives of the management or the staff of OSEA by passengers.
OSEA will not be held liable for violations in the laws of the Republic of Cyprus by passengers.
IMPOSITION OF A FINE IF A VALID TICKET IS NOT PRESENTED:
Passengers that fail to show a valid ticket, in the event of inspection by OSEA inspectors or by inspectors of the Contracting Authority (the Department of Road Transport), will have to pay a fine of €150 on the spot. The fine will be paid directly to the inspector and a receipt will be issued.